Friday, October 6, 2023

Survivor

The relationship is intrinsically abusive

when the dynamic of power is

uneven.

shifted

slanted

in the direction of 

the smarter

the more powerful

the stronger, harder, longer

Survivor

Who could chew you up

and spit you out

and still have another

for dessert


You cannot compare

cannot hope to compete

with the meat

with which I

pick my

teeth


You don't know

cannot know

what it is to be 

free

fleeing

flinged

by me

on the wire

ride my fire

feel desire


Climb so 

high so

ever higher


Taste my body don't

touch my prior

scars and

mars and

mason jars. Where 

I store the hearts

in gorey parts

the carnage of

mens dear departs


Don't come close

I warn you.

Don't come near

my dear


Don't woo a woman

who feels no fear.


She'll burn you up

and leave you drowned

and before you've even

turned around


She's off there with

another


No comments:

Post a Comment