Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Beautiful Mind

Have you relished for a moment

In the majesty of truth

Have you trifled for a token

Of dear Holmes’ hearty sleuth

And in so doing ravaged

Like a warewolf’s bleating blooth

For The deep pulsated paradox

Of knowledge sweetened tooth 


Come hither to me darling 

As you play with knowledge near

Come closer to me, angel

As you close upon the rear

Of the moonlight in the morning

Deftly whisper in my ear

Of the magic of the morrow 

Of the magic that you hear


For your eyes are lightened, glistened

Sparkling ever through the night 

And if but for a moment, listened

To the deafness of your flight

Still I stand here now, so awed now

In the meadow of your mind


And I wonder if you falter

Will you leave me far behind


And I wonder at the alter

Will you keep me there, in mind


And I wonder as you halt her

Will you halt all that you find


And I pray that when you halt her

You will revel in your find


And I pray that when you halt her

You won’t leave me far behind

No comments:

Post a Comment