Saturday, August 24, 2024

I dreamed

 I found myself alone at sea

With only waves for company

And when at last i came ashore

There was no one

Just as before


And so i set myself to sit

And wait for him or them or it

And on and on with candle lit

Waiting for saving from perils pit

Until, at last i had to quit

To quit the sit be done with it


So up i stood

And got to work

I built a house

A home

A circ

-it of work like no one’s seen

I shocked myself

It was obscene

And convalescently i schemed

For rescue would not be


And sure, inside i dreamed away

I dreamed a horse a man a day

A day when he would come and say

‘You’re free. Let’s run away’

‘Be mine. See me and make me great

And care for me with arm and plate

And give me kids 

A home

A great

Many things 

I hate 


The many things i

Claim to hate

Im not a damsel

Times abate-

-ed long now past that

Fettered dream

A dream of home

And love of scheme

But no man yet has made me queen


Sure ive done the deed 

ive deftly dreamed

Put wig on pig and called it clean

But i cannot lie no more 

ive seen

Where that path goes

What that path gleans


And though the knight hath come my way

With sword in sheath and heart to say

‘Be mine my girl 

lets run away’


No thanks.


I’ll work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment