Monday, August 22, 2016

Indeed it is peculiar
Such written words are few
They clash with many spoken
Of the things I thought I knew
I’ll keep this brief my darling
Not of roses, violets blue
My heart doth beat a simple song
My song belongs to you


Above us mighty mountains rise
Atop them seedlings grow
To trail their earthy mothers
The oak sprouts deep below
Then us, we do just what we must
To reap all that we sow
So dear, begins my story thus
Tomorrow’s long ago


Waters rush out from the shore
They feed the strongest sea
Men fight with swords of rum and lash
For freedom isn’t free
No cage can beat the open air
When caged all creatures flee
Yet somehow I’m in highest flight
Tonight you’re holding me


So hold on tight, my darling
Steady stay upon your way
Touch me for a moment
In my midnight’s yesterday
The sturdiest of pillars
Water’s love made deep to clay
I look to you, my strongman
In a world of fear and fray


Do gently speak, my lover
Whisper softly till I sigh
Hold me close and watch the sunrise
Till it lightens every eye
Turn fast at the horizon
Turn fast as time draws nigh
And melt all that which binds you
Hold tight and yet we fly
Melt my heart it finds you
Hold tight and yet we fly

No comments:

Post a Comment